This year we have studied Industrial Revolution and slavery and we talked a lot about kids that worked in those times.
Now, do you really believe that child labour does not exist anymore?
First, pay attention to this definition from Wikipedia:
Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful. This practice is considered exploitative by many international organisations. Legislations across the world prohibit child labour. These laws do not consider all work by children as child labour; exceptions include work by child artists, supervised training, certain categories of work such as those by Amish children, some forms of child work common among indigenous American children, and others.
Think, investigate and prepare a presentation:
-write between 8 an 12 slides.
-Include sources (pictures or testimonies, write the webpage you took them from)
- What is the difference between slavery and child work? Read the following text to find the answer. (1 slide)
- What are children´s rights? Make a list of 5, the most important ones in your opinion. (1 slide)
Explain what the problem is and try to think of solutions taking into account the rights of the child. (2 slides)
- Make a final conclusion comparing what happens today to the industrial revolution period. Account for your ideas. Give reasons and evidence. (1 slide)
- Now I want to read your thoughts, ideas, opinions and impressions of the concept of child labour. Here are a few sentence starters that you may like to use to help you get started:
(Choose 5 starters and complete the phrases ) (3 or 4 slides)
• I learned … • I was surprised … • I’m beginning to wonder … • I discovered … • I feel … • I think I will … • I now realize that … • I agree with … • I do not agree with … • I would like someday to … • I would like to find out more about … • I admire… • I am surprised at… • I predict…
Remember to include th webpages read and consulted and if you illustrate this work with pictures, acknowledge the source.
Send presentation on November 30
-Don´t do any copy and paste
-Use quotations if necessary and write the source.
-Be clear and check your language (grammar, spelling, vocabulary)
-Read and think, give opinions and show understanding of the topic.
-Use prezi or presentaciones de google (it is better than ppt because I can leave comments)
-Send the presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org